Man, I love food, and I really love food in Germany. Every time I go it’s so hard because I tend to ignore my gluten and dairy allergies. There are some great brands out there for GF and DF diets, though I still tend to fall to my desires because ITS SO GOOD.
So because I’m missing German food, I thought I would share some pictures of my favorite eats from my last trip. I’m sorry if I make you as hungry as I am.
From left to right!
1. Bratapfel: an amazing treat of a baked apple that varies in ingredients, but generally has nuts, marzipan, cinnamon, and we had vanilla sauce.
2. Quarkkaulchen: A mash of potatoes, cheese, eggs, flour, and sugar – these are so greasy and sweet and filling and awesome, but I could only have a few bites.
3. Doner: There are so many versions of doner, and this is still my favorite. I will get sick to eat this bread, because it’s so good. Something about the bread and the sauce and the meat, so good.
4 & 5. Goose, rotkraut, and klosse: Traditional German holiday dish. I ate this so many times over the course of 2 weeks and I wasn’t sick of it at all. The klosse are just mashed up potato dumplings but soooo good with gravy. So good I had to show a picture twice. Deal with it.
5. Currywurst: Another serious addiction of mine. It’s hard to find Berlin style currywurst that matches out here in socal.
6. KINDER EGGS: Kinder chocolate is heavenly. The eggs are actually illegal to bring to the states, so sorry for this picture.
7. Kartoffel puffers: I had these for the first time this trip. They are potato pancakes, with sugar and apple sauce. So simple but so yummy. Also pictured is more currywurst. XD
So there you go! If anyone knows where I can find this stuff in southern California, let me know. ;)