September was a bit of a rough month. I felt very unmotivated because I wasn’t able to work on Wings of the Fallen due to reasons out of my control. So I fell into a pit of not working out as much and not writing, and really just playing games and browsing the internet and watching anime. It wasn’t terrible, but it also wasn’t productive, and I’m trying to pull myself out of that funk right now.
- Get an agent. I am going to be pushing this back to next year, but I have decided: That’s ok. I am getting good feedback, and I don’t want to rush this process. So I am going to keep compiling my list of agents, and push through the next three months like crazy to make this book the best book it can be. I had to come to understand that I can’t force this, and that was a hard thing to push past, but I feel much better now that I have gone through this thought process.
- Get healthy [again]. I’ve cheated a bit this month, but I’ve generally been staying on top of things. I made tomato soup using our CSA box tomatoes for the first time, and it wasn’t terrible! haha. We are trying to make more things based on the food we are getting in our box, and trying new things. I haven’t incorporated too much new stuff into my diet. So far I have reintroduced:
– Caffeine [mostly in the form of tea]
And so far I haven’t gotten terribly ill. So huzzah! However, I am not sure that I will ever be able to have onions ever again, which makes me very sad. If I get anything that has a lot of onions, or has been cooked in onions, I am just instantly sick. Blargh. But I am overall feeling much better, so I have to take that into account. Sometimes I wish I lived in Australia, where low fodmap is a big thing and people are super accommodating to that lifestyle.
For my mental health, this month was more rough due to my off work time than my work life, which was bizarre. But I actually got a promotion at work! Which is exciting. I feel more empowered now to learn new things and really push myself, and so that makes the day go by much quicker. I am still at least saying what I appreciated every day before going to sleep. I need to write them down more
- Get writing [more] This month I am going to start working more on Wings of the Fallen, and also try to get an ending for The Olympian. I am also starting to brainstorm ideas for NaNoWriMo, because I really want to get a zero draft of the third book of the Wings series down on paper.
- Get more German. I am pushing myself to speak German around my husband more, and that seems to be helping my ability to retain it. Imagine that! :P
I leave you with this super cute picture of Leeloo.